Dear Incoming Kindergarten Families,
We are very excited for you to join our Hawks View community! As we approach the 2021-22 school year we are eagerly making plans for your child’s transition to Kindergarten. The first few days of school will look different than is typical as we ‘Ramp-Up to Kindergarten.’ Our ‘Ramp-Up’ schedule gives us time to get to know your child before being placed into his/her permanent classroom.
“Kindergarten Orientation Days” September 8th-10th
Kindergarten Orientation Days: Your child will attend ONE of the following days. Please look carefully to see which day your child will be attending. On orientation days, students will spend this time doing fun activities with all Kindergarten teachers in a small group setting.
The schedule for Kindergarten Orientation is as follows:
- Student Last Name A – E: Wednesday, September 8th (8:00 am – 2:15 pm)
- Student Last Name F – P: Thursday, September 9th (8:00 am – 2:15 pm)
- Student Last Name R – Z: Friday, September 10th (8:00 am – 2:15 pm)
Students will line up with staff starting at 8:00 and enter through our front entrance. Staff will escort students to their classrooms. Following drop off, we ask that parents stop by our kindergarten tables set up outside to complete some paperwork. Miss Salm and other staff members will be on hand for a Welcome and Q & A.
“Ramp-Up Days” September 13th-15th
- Monday, September 13th & Tuesday, September 14th – all children attend the full school day (7:55am – 2:15pm). During these two days, students will spend time in each kindergarten classroom with a variety of students and staff. The students in our Dual Language Immersion (DLI) class will be with their assigned DLI cohort and Mrs. Seifert, our DLI teacher.
- Wednesday, September 15th – No school for all kindergarten students including students in DLI – teachers will thoughtfully create balanced classes and prepare classrooms. Kindergarten class lists will be emailed by noon.
- September 16th & 17th – Kindergarten students begin in assigned classes (7:55am – 2:15pm).
Additional Important Information
- Masks are required for all adults and students in the school building. It’s a good idea to keep an extra or two in your child’s backpack – we have plenty to share, as well.
- A healthy nut-free snack will be provided.
- Your child is welcome to bring lunch from home; however, school lunch will be provided as well. All school meals will be provided at no cost for the 21-22 school year.
- Please send your purchased school supplies with your child on his/her orientation day.
- If you have not provided copies of the required documents for registration (birth certificate, passport, 2 forms of proof of residence, immunization rec.) please bring a copy to the front office or email a copy to Lhogan@sherwood.k12.or.us
We are looking forward to a great year in Kindergarten!
Hawks View Kindergarten Team